Chante PRESS Kit
Booking - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 808.354.7748
Chante is an international reggae artist with dapper clothing, a quirky personality, and a witty, sarcastic humor that is awkward, yet endearing.
His music is reminiscent of his home base of Hawaii, which is a melting pot of different cultures, styles, and music. Although his core is reggae, he brings in stimulating lyrics and touches upon topics about life, struggle, and identity. His roots sound can be compared to the likes of Alborosie, Chronixx, and Protoje.
The start of his love for music began at a young age, when his uncle would come over and jam session at family parties. He picked up the ukulele and joined these jam sessions, but later on, he found his calling on the keyboards. His cousin, a member of a well-known reggae band Irie Souls, influenced him into entering the reggae music scene. He has been in the live performance scene for over 7 years and knows what it takes to put on a great show.
Chante has notably played with top reggae artists like J Boog, Sammy J, Siaosi, Kiwini Vaitai, The Jimmy Weeks Project, Peni Dean, Micah G, Kaipo Kapua, So Roots, and many more.
Later on this year, he will be releasing his debut release single. His songs will touch upon topics such as staying true to yourself and never forgetting your humble beginnings.
- Debut single "Fighting For" charted in the Top 10 Reggae Singles chart on iTunes
- Follow up single "Looking" charted in the Top 10 Reggae Singles chart on iTunes
- "Looking" charted at #2 for sales in Hawaii
- "Looking" hit the #1 spot for most requested song in Hawaii on various radio stations
- Over 2,000 views on debut cover video in one week
- Gained a 284% following via Instagram in one week
- Performed with International reggae star J Boog
- Performed at a sold out show in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Performing at Hawaii's biggest Reggae Festival "The Mayjah Rayjah"